The relationships site have trawled through 20,000 dater profiles from their database to find similarities and differences in dating profiles across the country.
The findings revealed that the nation’s preferred restaurants for romantic occasions are Italian ones with Chinese tying with Indian in second place.
The nation also prefers comedy films to action or romance films, rock and pop to R&B and soul, dogs over cats and tennis rather than rugby.
While most of the preferences expressed on the site tended to be in favour of one thing or another there were some amusing results in Lancashire and South Yorkshire.
When asked to say what type of films they most liked to watch daters in both regions responded that they don’t like watching films at all.
The research also gave an insight into the traits that people find attractive in different parts of the country.
For instance, Londoners were the most likely to prefer somebody who was athletic, energetic and valued intelligence more than daters in any other part of the country.
They also expressed the strongest preference for sexiness and stylishness.
Those in Merseyside prefer their prospective partners to be generous and genuine while people in Cumbria expressed the biggest preference for sensitivity.
Trait // Most Important In // Least Important In
- Athletic // London // North Humberside
- Energetic // London // Renfrewshire
- Generosity // Merseyside // Norfolk
- Genuine // Merseyside // Aberdeenshire
- Happy // Berkshire and Renfrewshire // Cumbria
- Humour // Renfrewshire // Lanarkshire
- Intelligence // London // Gwynedd
- Kind // Selkirkshire // Aberdeenshire
- Loyal // Selkirkshire // Fife
- Opinionated // London // Suffolk
- Outgoing // Ayrshire // Bedfordshire
- Passion // West Glamorgan // Durham
- Patience // Gwent // Somerset
- Sensitivity // Cumbria // Belfast
- Sexy // London // Selkirkshire
- Stylish // London // Cornwall