Just like golden retriever pups, a new YSL bag, and perfecting your winged eye-liner, falling in love is one of the greatest treasures this cold, cold world has to offer. It’s special and unique to each person—as the time it takes to fall in love with someone is different for everyone. Maybe you believe in love at sight, or perhaps you’re a bit of a skeptic and need more time to develop feelings.
However you may be, here are 30 for-sure signs that you’re falling in love (whether you want to admit it or not):
1. You’re not counting the seconds until they text you back. You know, in the early stages of a relationship, when everything is so new and fresh that you consider how long it took them to text you, in order to determine how long you should take to text them? Yeah, TL;DR: Not worrying about that means you feel confident they will, in fact, text you back and not ghost. Goals.
2. You make their bed in the morning. You can’t even get yourself to make your own damn bed, but for some reason, when you’re sleeping over at their place, you find yourself doing little daily tasks like this to make their life easier.
3. You notice that literally everything reminds you of them. Eating a chicken nugget? That’s their go-to McDs order. Listening to Celine Dion? Oh, their mom really loves her. Wearing black jeans? You rocked the same pair on your first date.
4. You don’t feel the need to ask them for their birth chart. Sure, it’s super beneficial to know—but you’re not stressing about whether or not they’re a Scorpio (and to be honest, you wouldn’t care if they were anyway).
5. When an ex pops back into your life out of nowhere, you’re completely unfazed by it. It just so happens that *every time* you find yourself moving on, your ex has a radar and wants to hit you up again. But that’s okay: They did, and you’re completely uninterested.
6. You don’t feel constantly anxious about getting hurt. A lot of times, people think feeling like someone could really hurt them means they really like someone. Which may be true, but it isn’t love. No one who loves you will want to make you feel like you’re at risk of getting hurt.
7. It feels super easy. Yes, relationships take work. But when you’re falling in love with someone, it’s at least work you want to be doing. Which isn’t really work at all.
8. You don’t have to plan your dates around fun activities. Because you have just as much fun sitting together and doing nothing as you would riding a roller coaster together. Or something like that. You get it.
9. You talk about things you’ll do together in the future, without realizing you’re talking about the future. It’s not weird to talk about that concert that’s in three months or the trip you want to take to the beach this summer around them, because they’ll be around to go with you.
10. When you say, “I miss you,” it’s because you really do miss them after only a day apart. It’s not just a cute thing to say, it’s a real ache that says they’re a part of your life now.
11. You can’t remember the last time you thought about your former fling who “broke your heart.” Things with your person now are so good, you can’t be bothered with whatever’s in the past.
12. Things you usually hate seem okay—and even fun. Riding a roller coaster you’re terrified of? Fine, as long as they hold your hand and promise not to laugh at how you scream.
13. You’re comfortable with making little sacrifices for them. You wouldn’t put off your responsibilities for them, but if they’re sick and need you to help take care of them instead of going to brunch one morning, you’re totally cool with that.
14. They’re the “something good” you think about when everything else is really rough. Work is driving you crazy, but at least you’ve got them to cheer you up when you get home.
15. You feel safe when you’re around them. It’s hard to describe this feeling, but it really is the best thing in the world. Like nothing bad can happen.
16. You’re comfortable enough around them to make bad jokes and be your fully weird self. You might’ve been trying to impress them before, but now you’re cool to hum around the kitchen and wear your pants tucked into your socks when they come over.
17. You keep seeing things out in public that you know they’d love. Stuff you used to walk by every day suddenly has their name all over it.
18. They’re your person. When something really good or really bad happens, they’re who you go to first.
19. You’re not worried about “scaring them off.” You’re comfortable enough to cry in front of them or show them huge, slightly embarrassing collection of Beanie Babies (that you swear could be worth a fortune one day), because you feel secure that they’re not going anywhere at the drop of a hat.
20. Little things, like going to the grocery store, are better when they’re around. A walk down the cereal aisle can be a very romantic date if you’re with the right person.
21. They annoy the hell out of you, but you still want to be around them. “I love you, but I don’t like you right now,” is something you’re almost ready to say.
22. You don’t freak out if they call you. All that phone anxiety is gone, and you finally have enough chill to be okay with talking on the phone.
23. When they’re sad, you’re genuinely sad too. You feel their pain and they feels yours.
24. You’re actually entertained by their cute AF childhood photos. And you actually like listening to their long, rambly stories. Just hanging out and talking about anything is fun.
25. You’d rather stay in and do nothing with them than go out. “Started staying in and going out less” is your new mantra, and it’s totally okay with you.
26. You want to show them all of your favorite things. Not because you want them to be their favorite things too, but because you want them to know you better than anyone else.
27. You have to restrain yourself from talking about them with your friends all the time. If you could, you’d gush about this person constantly. But out of respect for your friends and their sanity, you hold back (a little).
28. You’ve started thinking about introducing them to your family. Because you genuinely want to know how they fit in around them.
29. You regularly catch yourself doing deep dives of their Instagram. And the best part is, you aren’t even scared of accidentally “Liking” a photo because you’re past the point of feeling like you’ll freak them out if you do.
30. You want to do things you’ve already done again so they can be there with you this time. Time to take a return trip to the Grand Canyon so you can kiss while the sun goes down and not care how cute or gross you look — you’re in love, dammit! And you don’t care who knows.