Having sex at nighttime is great and fine, don’t get me wrong. But there’s something especiallygood about taking a break in the middle of a summer day to escape the heat and hide inside your cool bedroom, making out, and getting off for an hour or two. Make summertime afternoon sex one of your summertime bucket list activities. It’s the best.
2. You’re more likely to have a super-great orgasm in the middle of the day than you are at night, anyway. Afternoon delight is a real thing, I’m not making this up!
3. Somehow the fact that it’s a million degrees outside makes the sex itself hotter. Are hot temps an aphrodisiac? Probably not officially, but they might as well be.
4. There’s seriously nothing better than lying around and cooling off under a ceiling fan after. You can bask in each other’s sweaty nakedness and cool off while everyone else fries outside. It’s a win-win for you and your partner.
5. It’s a great excuse to get all worked up and then cool off with ice cream. How do you cool off after working up a sweat inside? You eat something cold, obviously.
6. If you do it with the AC off and get all sweaty, it basically counts as a workout. My theory is that anytime you’re sweating, you’re working out.
7. You can follow up the afternoon sex with something almost as good — an afternoon nap. How else will you rest up after your vigorous sex-having?
8. It frees up your evenings for staying out late when the weather is actually more tolerable. You can always have sex again when you go home, but at least the nighttime hours are freed up for enjoying the outdoors (and all the rooftop and patio bars the outdoors have to offer). Plus being out in the sun all day makes you so sleepy. Too tired for sex after all that sunshine.
9. Having sex in the daylight is also something that’s severely underrated. Everyone looks incredibly hot when they’re backlit by sunshine. The lights-on-or-off debate is basically pointless in the afternoon.
10. It’s a great excuse to avoid the sun during the hours when you’re most likely to get a burn. Save your skin and grab yourself an orgasm.
11. You can basically use all your other daytime activities as foreplay. So many summer activities are just conducive to making people look hot. Getting half naked and going swimming? Throwing a football around? Traipsing around in shorts and tank tops? Summertime is the hottest time in so many ways.