Fall is the perfect time of year for romantic, cuddle-worthy dates and begins when the center of the sun crosses the earth’s equator. Daylight begins to wane in the Fall and there are more hours spent in darkness as winter approaches. The weather begins to cool down, affording couples the opportunity to snuggle indoors — or seek adventure outside amidst the turning, multicolored leaves.
There are many unique reasons why Autumn is the perfect time for dating. Fall is when testosterone is naturally highest in both men and women, which increases the desire for closeness, making a successful date more likely. Also, when comparing the seasonal patterns of relationships in Facebook profiles, Fall is the time of year when more people who are single switch their status to “In a Relationship” or “Engaged” than the yearly average. Fall is a great season for outdoor activities because the heat is not unbearable, and the turning leaves and smell of chimney smoke and autumnal spices in the air all make for a great backdrop for a romantic date. There are many things you can do during Fall that you can’t do at other times of year and you should definitely take advantage of that. Autumn, therefore, is the perfect time to consider asking your crush out!
Here are 25 unique and romantic “Fall Date Ideas” designed to inspire connection and conversation.
- Visit a local pumpkin patch. Choose a pumpkin together, and carve it.
- Take a trip to an orchard and go apple picking.
- Fall is the perfect time for wine tasting — just make sure you have a designated driver for safety reasons.
- Stay indoors and watch cheesy Halloween classics like Hocus Pocus andCasper.
- Make popcorn balls and devour them as you watch Netflix.
- Go for a hike amidst the autumn leaves.
- Pack a picnic filled with seasonal foods and head to a local lookout for a casual, yet fun date.
- If you both like horror, head to a haunted maze and travel through the terror together.
- Attend a “Date and Paint Night”. Dine on seasonal goodies and paint a fall inspired scene!
- For foodies: Track down gourmet food trucks, see if you can find an appetizer, entree, and dessert that each include pumpkin as an ingredient!
- Autumn is perfect for bonfires — take your sweetie to one and stay cozy as you make s’mores!
- Head to a local coffee house and share a Pumpkin Spice Latte or apple cider.
- Go on a hay ride together — be sure to bring a blanket to share and keep warm!
- Attend a local Farmer’s Market and pick out some delicious produce.
- Have a blast picking out Halloween costumes together.
- Go bobbing for apples at a country fair.
- Go horseback riding or rent a horse-drawn carriage for a romantic ride through the park.
- Find a purportedly haunted location and visit it to see if you can catch evidence of paranormal activity.
- Build a gingerbread house together and decorate with Halloween candy!
- Make and decorate caramel apples!
- Celebrate Oktoberfest.
- Watch a local football game.
- Check out a brewery for a seasonal craft beer tasting.
- Go bird watching together — Autumn is when birds begin their annual migrations!
- Go Geocaching and enjoy the hunt for treasure as you take in the sights and smells of Fall.
When thinking about a romantic date the most important thing to consider is choosing an activity that both of you can enjoy together. Make an effort and get to know the person ahead of time if possible. Then, pick something that will be both memorable and magical.
What amazing, unique and romantic fall dates have you gone on?