Outdoor dates are truly the best. There’s just something about them that hit differently. Maybe it’s the warm weather, maybe it’s the cute summer dresses, or maybe it’s because it’s something you can actually do in a global pandemic. We love to see it.
So long as you’re still abiding by CDC guidelines and masking up, the outdoors has so many date night or day date options for you and your partner (or a first-date Tinder match).
Presenting, simple, easy to plan, and super wallet-friendly dates below. Enjoy!
1. Create a Spotify playlist to drive around and listen to. A plus: The car is deemed one of le best places to host a more serious convo if you’re ready to define the relationship.
2. Sit outside and take the love language quiz on your phones. Then, compare results.
3. Afterward, take the apology language quiz. (Both are important.)
4. Pretend like you’re at a vineyard and do a smol wine “tasting”—aka pack four small bottles of wine and host your own soiree.
5. Go on a pizza tour of your city, then rate each slice. Pizza + outdoors = the way to anyone’s heart.
6. Play grass volleyball together in a park.
7. Challenge each other to a Tennis match. Loser buys brunch.
8. Grill dinner outside. (See: hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc.)
9. Hit up a local farmer’s market. How about we buy some sourdough instead of attempting to make it for the third time?
10. Go on a hike. (But obviously be safe about it and don’t do this on a first date because, well, you’ve watched enough murder documentaries to know why.)
11. Visit your local, neighborhood pool.
12. Brownbag some of your fave alcohol in a park.
13. Sip on red solo cup wine… literally anywhere outside.
14. Go on a walk.
15. Complete a YouTube HIIT workout together.
16. Or, just, like go on a run together to sweat through some endorphins.
17. Snack on some avocado toast or chicken and waffles on a restaurant’s patio.
18. Go to your city’s arboretum.
19. Take cute couple pics at said city’s arboretum.
20. Plan a cute lil picnic date with a charcuterie board filled with meats, cheeses, and vino.
21. Pretend you’re at Disneyland by going to your closest amusement park.
22. Volunteer to pick up your city’s trash and litter.
23. Volunteer to walk lil puppies outside at a shelter or adoption center.
24. Go super “outdoorsy” and light your own fire with some wood. Don’t forget the smores, tho.
25. Take a day trip to your nearest body of water—lakes, beaches, rivers, all encouraged.
26. Park your car up on a hill to catch the sunrise or sunset.
27. Depending on what season it is, go picking for some fresh strawberries or apples.
28. Bike around your city and pretend you’re tourists. Stop at the best, most touristy shops to pretend like you’re not from there.
29. Head to the park to play sports. Kick a soccer ball back and forth, throw a football, or play with other balls in whatever way you see fit. (Pun intended. Sorry).
30. Make homemade ice cream in a bag together with this recipe right here.
31. If you’re in a city that can actually see the stars (read: Not NYC), lay a blanket down and go stargazing.
32. Listen to live music. If it’s nice outside, there’s a good chance you’ll find someone playing some random tunes in your downtown area, but there are also lots of websites you can visit to find out free concerts in your area.
33. Learn a TikTok dance together. Obviously become viral because you’re total #couplegoals.
34. Take a personality quiz outside. Any of these will do.