HOPING to reduce your sex drive without medication? Here’s how you can give your libido a boost naturally.
The majority of people will see their sex drives fluctuate during their lives.
Research has shown that half of the female population suffer from intimate issues at some point, from loss of arousal to difficulty orgasming.
Men also fall victim to similar problems as a fifth battle with low libido.
Thankfully, there are some simple ways to overcome these health concerns.
Stress can have a negative impact on your libido.
If you’re feeling pressured or tense then you’re not going to be in the mood for getting down and dirty.
The NHS explains: “Stress, anxiety and exhaustion can be all-consuming and have a major impact on your happiness, including your sex drive”.
Dr Anita Clayton recently spoke to the Daily Star Online about this problem, as well as how to overcome it.
SEXUAL HEALING: Here’s how de-stressing can give your libido a boost (Pic: GETTY)
The health expert explained: “People can get stressed about work, family and other responsibilities so they don’t have time to think about sex, much less do it.
“Their partners may help by taking on some of those responsibilities to free up time as a couple.
“Coming home to the laundry, dirty dishes and a sick child may not enhance one’s sex life but just planning a date night could make a big difference.
“The effort needs to be freeing from the stressors.”
Instead of trying to squeeze a quickie into a stressful morning, set the mood by spending some quality time with your partner.
Looking into ways to clear your head is also advisable.
Here are five ways to reduce your stress levels, according to the NHS:
1. Be active – Exercising helps to take the edge off the emotional intensity that you may be feeling.
2. Connect with people – As they say, a problem shared is a problem halved. Don’t be afraid to lean on your colleagues, friends and family for support.
3. Have some ‘me time’ – Take time out for relaxation and mindfulness.
4. Work smarter, not harder – Prioritise what is important in your life, instead of burning out by trying to tackle it all.
5. Think positive – Try to be glass full instead of glass half empty. Keep a gratitude diary or spend some time reflecting on your day to banish negative thoughts.